Saturday, September 15, 2018

Give me a minute ...


I need to let go.
I know that.
God why is this so fucking sad?
So hard?
It feels like letting go of my life and giving it over to providence.
Isn't that what we all have to do every day anyway?

Still.  I wanna find a high up cliff and scream for an entire sunset.




Your dad is still alive.  
You should talk to him more often.  I know you love it when I tell you what to do.

My friend Joan told me I have always been a little bit sad.  
She says that's my default setting.  
That's hard to hear.

In my mind I've been the bright side.  
I always thought I was trying to get away from the shit at home and be someone who could win.
Fuck.  Maybe listening to this music isn't helping, eh?
That bass, though.

I'm thinking about walking around Los Feliz.
It's such a happy romantic place for me.
Skylight.  The Dresden.  The Vintage.  The Vista.
I hope your shoes are taking lots of steps all around those sidewalks.

Do me a huge favor, Eric.
Walk to the corner of Melbourne and Rodney.
Find the name written in the pavement in the front of that house.
Add mine to it.

Love you,
Me






No comments:

Post a Comment