Wednesday, September 5, 2018

How is James?



It's hard to explain what my neighborhood is like.

If you look my address up on GoogleMaps, you get a pretty picturesque view of a small craftsman home, cream with green trim, with a Hyperion tree standing tall on one side of the front lawn.  

It looks pretty fuckin dope to tell the truth.  
A house I would shit on a goat to live in in California.

If you look just across the street, you can see the home gym in the front yard of our neighbor Love's house.  There are two bench presses and two upper arm machines, lots of free weights, all rusted.

Scroll down the street toward Newton Ave, and you'll see Jordan New Life Church there on the corner.  Black Lives Matter is what their marquee read when we first arrived.  

Cicadas are constantly buzzing in the day and night.  I've never heard such a sound in real life.  Fuck you if you make fun of me for saying this, but it really gives everything such a magical feeling.  Like the air is palpable, graspable.  

The locals say our neighborhood is dangerous, but I feel pretty safe.  

The streets are alphabetical.  I think that's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment