Thursday, November 1, 2018

You've got a face with a view

Friday I called Angel from the CVS across the street from the Novitiate.  
I needed a word.
"My horoscope is trash."  
Bish. She feel me.

"I got caught up in that over the summer," she said.
"You're at CVS? Let me tell you about this moisturizer that changed my life ..."

*                                       *                                             *

Mike lost it for a few days.  It was pretty concerning.
It felt like he was Humpty Dumpty and we had to try to put him back together.
Things went so far that he slept in our room one night.  Out of fear and anger, I think.
Beks felt so deeply for Mike.  
I felt deeply for myself.  
I felt like I lost this way of dealing with something and couldn't get it back.
James seemed to be like, "Uh, yeah. Been done feelin it, hoes."


Tonight will be my one-on-one with Andrei.
I'm a little anxious about it.  We've had lots of talks.  Long ones even.
But in all those talks there was very little communication; I usually had a goal I was aiming for and as long as I hit that, I deemed it a successful talk.  Tell him not to say that disgusting word he said the other day.  Make him feel validated and secure in his manhood.  Make him feel like someone is listening to his inflammatory political views.  Tell him to care about what other people say.  

The other night James and I had our one-on-one. 
I mentioned this song:


I called it the best song written on the subject of falling in love.
All the hipsters in the universe agree with that, which should be enough to put me off of it.  
It's all those groutfits.  Undeniable flex.

Being that I haven't heard every song ever written on the subject, I have to admit this was a hasty thing to say.  
Despite that.
It speaks to letting things happen. Non-action as Aaron would say.
Leave the DTR to the misguided.  

A friend once told me that love is inherently upsetting because the moment you figure out how strongly you feel, how much you want to be around that person, how much you rely on that presence, you feel your own mortality and the reality that all things are finite sets in.  
Bummer.  

A more recent friend told me that the fact that life ends is the best thing about it.  
I couldn't stop smiling when he said that.  It's really the missing piece of perspective.  

I realize these are all disparate ideas.
Maybe they'll come together soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment